The year 2014 saw us reach out to more than 5,000 youths in and out
of schools not mentioning the 134 pupils at Hope Children's School
via our Empowerment Program Discovering Defining and Presenting yourself
to Opportunities (DDPO)and all we can say is that the journey continues
believing in Job 8:7
The 2014 Activism Campaign for Prevention of Violence and Abuse Against
Children and Youths saw us reaching out to 19 Schools that's over 2,300
pupils/students with one message "No Violence Against Children is
Justifiable" whilst teaching them the preventive measures to practice plus
their responsibilities. The Campaign ended with an annual event which
brought together over 1,700 people for the same message.
GCHI as organization has been involved in several activities in 2014 to
mention but a few;
- a) Mobilization of farmers into groups- GCHI will mobilize farmers to form groups.
- b) Establishing community based seed multiplication in target villages.
- c) Youth Mentorship Programmes.
- d) Supporting Orphans and critically vulnerable Children with Education.
- e) Supporting the needy with scholastic materials and basic care.
- f) Establishing Farmer Field Schools and provide practical training for farmer
groups on improved agricultural practices.
- g) Supporting communities with agriculture inputs such as seeds and farm tools.
- h) Training farmers in Modern methods of farming and to mention but a few.
- i) Mobilizing communities to clear community wells to access safe water.